Monday, March 23, 2009

T Minus 23

T minus 23. I think. What I mean is 23 days until blast off. Or launch. In plain English - 23 MORE DAYS UNTIL MY BOOK IS PUBLISHED!  And I should add !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me for being such a lousy blogger over here. It's not like I don't have a lot to say! It's just that I haven't been very good about sitting down and saying it here. Although, you are always invited to come on over to The Debutante Ball - a grog - where I post each and every Friday and often join in the discussion via the comments on other days and where my latest news is flashed every Sunday. Plus you can learn about a whole group of fabulous new authors and watch us all fall apart as our debuts come. And of course, if you just need a quick Eve fix - you can come on over to my fabulous new website: www.evebrownwaite.com - any old time. We've got a photo gallery up there now - which is really fun.

Everything is absolutely on track for FIRST COMES LOVE, THEN COMES MALARIA  - not only to be available at a bookstore near you on April 14 - but to be a big hit!  The early reviews have been overwhelmingly fabulous, people are talking about it and my troops on the ground (that'd be my lovely family and friends) are ready and willing to be part of the push. Still, it's an incredibly nerve-wracking time. Exciting, thrilling and nerve-wracking. Kind of like planning your wedding, I think. And I'm trying to do it while not totally neglecting my family, accepting any and all freelance work that comes my way (I do proofreading, btw. Excellent references, reasonable rates, quick turnaround. Why? Because knowing your book is going to be BIG doesn't quite pay the bills . . . yet!)   All while trying to sit my ass down (can I say that here?) and focus on writing a second book (focus?  did someone say focus???). It's a bit crazy-making. 

I've been trying to take care of myself by going back to Bikram (as in crazy HOT) yoga a couple of times a week. Also working really hard on mastering the Alexander Technique (which as anyone who knows anything about Alexander Technique can tell you, THAT is an oxymoron - since Alexander Technique is essentially about learning how NOT to work so hard). I've determined that short of Botox injections in the larynx (not an appetizing prospect), Alexander Technique is what I need to best deal with my chronic laryngitis due to muscle tension dysphonia. 

I spent an amazing week last week spending every morning at training school that my AT teacher runs. I got a lot of hands-on work from my teacher, visiting teachers and the students who are learning to be teachers. There were many instances in "the laboratory" as I've come to call that week, where I could get my voice back. Now I need to apply what I learned there to my everyday life. I'm working on it. 

I'll keep you posted,
Eve

1 comment:

  1. Trying to do the Alexander Technique is one of the greatest pitfalls of any new student - as I can attest for myself! A good place to learn anything you want to about the AT is their site at http://alexandertechnique.com

    ReplyDelete